Ngā Tohu MatihikoMake a nomination!
The Matihiko Awards
The annual Ngā Tohu Matihiko | Matihiko Awards provides recognition for Māori leaders and emerging leaders to celebrate their contributions in te ao matihiko, digital and tech.
The awards event is on Saturday 22nd June 2024, at the Due Drop Event Centre in Manukau, Tāmaki Makaurau (Auckland). We've included as much info as possible to help you prepare an excellent nomination!
NGĀ RĀ | KEY DATES
30 Jan: Nominations open
Tables are open to purchase for members
5 April: Nominations close at Midnight NZST
8 -19 April: Judging begins
22-26 April: Finalists announced
22 June: Awards night at Due Drop Event Centre in Manukau, Tāmaki Makaurau
NGĀ MOMO TOHU | AWARD CATEGORIES
There are 10 categories to be awarded, along with a Living Icon and Emergent Icon award
Each category has two winners:
A tōtara - an established leader
A tipu - an emergent leader, or someone new to the industry (5-7 years)
1. Corporate Change: recognises contribution to progressing and empowering kaupapa Māori within a corporate workplace.
2. Innovator & Emergent Innovator: recognises innovative mahi or mahi in innovation.
3. Rangatiratanga: recognises Wāhine & Tāne excellence in leadership . This may be in governance, business leadership or rōpū leadership.
4. Large & Small Pakihi: recognising excellence of pakihi Māori in digital and tech.
5. Kaiāwhina: recognises the planners, organisers, project managers and people that kept the mahi moving.
6. Public Sector: recognises contribution by Māori kaimahi within the public sector in digital / tech.
7. Kaitiaki / Te Taiao: recognises contribution to digital projects which have a positive impact on sustainability and te taiao.
8. Whiua ki te Ao: for contribution to global projects in digital and tech.
9. Kaupapa: for contribution to not-for-profit, community, iwi or social enterprise in the digital and tech sector.
10. Change-Maker & Emergent Change-Maker: Recognises contributions to meaningful change in the digital and tech sector.
11. Emergent Icon - recognises great achievement to a newcomer in the digital tech sector. Service and contribution to Māori digital and tech.
12. Living Icon - recognises a lifetime achievement in service to Māori and the digital tech sector.
NGĀ TAUTAPA | NOMINATIONS
Submitting a nomination is an excellent way to tautoko a person, pakihi (business) or kaupapa that you believe is worth celebrating. That can absolutely be you!
The nomination process takes approximately 15 mins to complete. The questions are below so that you can prepare.
Please include as much information as is relevant to the award you’re nominating for. This can include achievements, experience, links to their work or documents. This will help the judges and strengthen your nomination.
There are 4 general questions, and 1 category specific question per category:
Please give us some background info about the person, pakihi or kaupapa you are nominating
Please tell us how this person, pakihi or kaupapa has made an impact in the economic, employment, enterprise or environmental success for Māori in digitech?
Describe how this person, pakihi or kaupapa has shown innovation
What is it about this person, organisation or kaupapa that inspired you to nominate them?
Category specific questions:
Living Icon / Emergent Icon - Please share this person's achievements in their service & contribution in digitech, including to kaupapa Māori
Change maker / Emergent Change maker - Please share their contributions towards meaningful change in digitech, including to kaupapa Māori
Kaupapa - Please share their contributions to not-for-profit, community, iwi or social enterprise in digitech including to kaupapa Māori
Whiua ki te Ao - Please share their contributions to global projects in Digitech, including connection to kaupapa Māori.
Kaitiaki te Taiao - Please share the contributions or digital projects that have had a positive impact on sustainability / te taiao
Public Sector - Please share contributions made within the public sector in digitech including to kaupapa Māori
Kaiāwhina - Please share the mahi undertaken by this person, including connection to kaupapa Māori.
Large / Small Pakihi - Please share how this pakihi has found success in digitech including connection to kaupapa Māori
Rangatiratanga - Please share this person's leadership contributions made in te ao matihiko (digital) including to kaupapa Māori
Innovator / Emergent Innovator - Please share this person’s contributions in innovation including the impact on kaupapa Māori
Corporate Change - Please share the work this person has made towards corporate change for kaupapa Māori within a workplace
NGĀ TEPU | TABLES
Tables are available for purchase by invoice for the event and are limited. Priority is given to hapori members first. If you're not a member, please join our hapori. We welcome all.
Tables are $2,500 for 10 guests. This includes a three course gourmet dinner, drinks and entertainment.
HE TAUTĀWHITIA | 2024 SPONSORSHIP
We have a number of sponsorship packages available, including naming rights for each of our categories.
For information on sponsorship of Ngā Tohu Matihiko please email us: email@example.com